- (Secondary) 3852 7200 (Kindergarten/Primary) 3643 1868
- Hong Kong
Humanities Teacher (Secondary)
Invictus is seeking an energetic Humanities Teacher (Secondary) to develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. To teach and educate students according to educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/ her care by the School. Thus, optimizing the development of students according to age, ability and aptitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. To teach and educate students according to educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/ her care by the School. Thus, optimizing the development of students according to age, ability and aptitude.
Areas of Key Focus
- Connect curriculum standards to daily objectives, teaching children according to instructional goals;
- Communicate student progress to parents and guardians;
- Develop and implement activities, classroom materials, and resources;
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour and procedures for maintaining order among students for whom he/ she is responsible;
- Monitor and evaluate student academic progress, achievement, behaviour, social development, and physical health;
- Carry out academic-related administrative duties including preparing the required documentation from grading to providing reports on students’ progress;
- Participate in school projects and functions, accreditation, validation, moderation, seminars and conferences, wherever and whenever is necessary;
- Manage a safe and hygienic classroom environment, ensuring physical and psychological security;
- In collaboration with the team, nurture and support students in their personal, social and academic growth by designing and delivering dynamic and responsive learning programmes;
- Ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet the student’s needs and Invictus School’s philosophy;
- Create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment;
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school.
Wider Professional Role
- Participate in school projects and functions, such as training programmes, seminars, conferences, concerts, open houses, trips, residential visits, or celebrations as requested;
- Take responsibility to lead a subject area or aspect of school life
- Contribute and collaborate in policy and programme development at a departmental, school, or organisational level
- Participate in the school’s professional development and evaluation programmes
- Support and co-operate with all other members of staff as they carry out their duties
- Uphold professional standards within the school community, including confidentiality on all matters with regards to the school, its students and families, and its staff
|Years of Experience||Minimum 2 years of Teaching Experience
|Education||Postgraduate Certificate in Education or Bachelor Degree major in Education, Humanities or related fields
|Profile of Competency||
|Language Abilities||A demonstratable high proficiency in written and spoken English
|Professional Qualifications/Job License||PGDE, TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, IELTS 8.5 or equivalent|
Kindly send your CV or general job enquires to email@example.com.